Google has recently begun disabling Flash by default, starting with a small percentage of users based on the number Flash-related sites that are accessed over a period of time. Their eventual plan is for Flash to be disabled by default for all users.
If flash is not enabled in your copy of Chrome, you'll encounter one of a couple of problems while attempting to sign in:
- Upon reaching the admin login page for your site while using Chrome, you'll see a message that says Flash is not installed, with a link to go ahead and install it:
If you see the above screen while in Chrome, do not follow the steps to install Flash.
- If you're able to skip the login screen (through automatic browser sign-in for example), you'll likely be brought to a blank 'Terms of Service' screen, and many areas of the site Wizard will not load correctly.
To Enable Flash for only your site in Chrome:
These instructions are current as of Chrome Ver. 59.0.3071.115
- Type Chrome:Settings in your Chrome address bar
- Click the Show Advanced Settings link at the bottom of the page
- Find and click the Content Settings button
- Scroll down to click Flash.
- Click Add next to Allow and enter yourwebsite.proiwebsites.com (the address that appears in the address bar of your browser while you're signed into the admin area of your site).
Save your changes by clicking Add again.